Since Viagra entered the world's pharmaceutical market, there have been developed a lot of ED drugs. Viagra is a word that sounds familiar to millions of men, mainly because of its reputation as a drug therapy for male impotence bringing on fewer side effects than most other drug therapies. This article features Viagra and recently introduced Cialis.
To start with, both drug therapies do not bring on an erection after administration. As PDE-5 inhibitors, they are taken to relax the penile arteries to allow more blood to the genitalia. Sexual arousal is necessary for a man to be able to get an erection. But while each drug has proven potent, none is a cure-all. They can cause problems when taken with other drug therapies (in particular with nitrate and nitroglycerin heart medications), as well as cause more general side effects, such as headaches.
Now let's compare the two ED drugs.
- It takes effect in half an hour and even quicker on an empty stomach.
- Erections have been reported to be 100% strong on a scale from 10 to 100%.
- It is trusted by over 30 million all over the world.
- Along with from headaches, it can trigger visual problems.
- It lasts only for up to 4 hours.
- Patients have to wait up to 2 hours for the drug therapy to begin working.
- It is known as the weekend tablet, since its effect lasts up to 36 hours
- It works a bit faster (in approximately 15 minutes after administration).
- It causes fewer side effects.
- Both 10 mg and 20 mg doses are reported to last 36 hours.
- On a 10%-100% scale patients say that Cialis produces an 80% erection.
- Many patients complain about lower back pain.
However, everyone should keep in mind that these drug therapies work differently in different men. What is suitable for one man, can be life-threatening for another. Thus, before administering any of the two pills consult your family doctor and learn about side effects, contraindications and drug-to-drug-interactions. When using the drug, do adhere to the recommended dose, as an overdose can result in health problems.
Both Viagra and Cialis are regarded as effective medications ED. Please click here to compare viagra vs cialis.